Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BUTTERFLY SPRAY

>> Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hello Everyone, Chrissy D here, hailing from Wisconsin where it is in the 60's this week! That is like a heat wave! I know all of your Southern friends are probably thinking, Really? Well... please note that from Wisconsin, 60's is a heat wave! :)


What better than to kick off our gorgeous week with a bright and cheerful card? To create the background on this card, I took my Ink Spots and wiped them across the card stock on an angle! I used three different colors...Real Red, Only Orange and Yoyo Yellow. I then used some Heat &Stick Powder and stamped the FOUR CORNER BUTTERFLY 385M using Versamark Ink and sprinkled Gold Glitter over the stamped portion. I then heated the heat set the Glitter with my Heat tool. Once the cardstock has cooled, Iadded the three Polka Dot Ribbons in coordinating colors.


I stamped the Leaf Butterfly Spray 1098M on white card stock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I then colored in the image using my Prismacolor Pencils and mounted the image on the card base with Dimensionals.


I hope you enjoyed my project today! May your day be as bright and wonderful as it is! Thanks for stopping by! 
Chrissy D





 

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Chris, this is so pretty. I love the background you've created for this!

Anonymous said...

This IS a bright and cheerful card! Love that background. We have 70 here in Denver all week!

Karin said...

Lovely background! I love the color combo and the matching ribbons too :) The embossed butterflies add a great bit of shimmer!

Samantha said...

I love this card, Chris! Your background is stunning and I love the glitter on the butterflies!

Sue said...

What a bright and cheerful card! I love the contrast from all the colors to the white layer!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Chris! Love the bg and all the bright, sunny colors. The butterflies are so pretty and glittery.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP