Blog Widget by LinkWithin

JOSEPHINE AND THE GLOWWORM!

>> Wednesday, February 22, 2012


Hello Friends, Chrissy D here! I created this card a few weeks ago for the Background Paper and must have never clicked publish!  I am including the Current Challenge card too. Today is your LAST CHANCE to join us, so we hope you will play along. This week's Challenge is to create a card with Words Only.


For my first card, I inked the Easy Dot Background in red ink and stamped it on white cardstock that measured 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". I layered it on black card stock that measures 4" x 5 1/4" and that upon red card stock that measures 4 1/2" x 11". 



I stamped Josephine the Bold in Tuxedo black Memento Ink and colored her up with my Copic markers - R46, R24, R20, E00, E11, R20, E47. I stamped the Dear Housework Greeting in the same ink on white card stock and tilted it off on an angle. I wrapped around 3 strips of Black and White Gingham ribbon andadded buttons to finish this off.


The Glowworm Greeting Sentiment on this second card makes me smile! This would be PERFECT to brighten someone who is having a rough day! What better to make someone else smile?


 For this card, I ran the yellow cardstock through the Big Shot and used a Sizzix embossing folder. It was a Bit "too yellow" so I ran my White Craft Ink Pad over it to create a more subtle background. I stamped the Glowworm Greeting on white card stock cut out with Labels Ten and my Grand Calibur. I layered it on the raspberry card stock and trimmed it with my scissors.


 I cut out the Cheery Lynn Designs Fancyiful Flourish Die in Green card stock and adhered it with Mini Glue Dots. I stamped the CUTE Glowworm with Memento Tuxedo black Ink on White Storm card stock and colored with my Copic Markers Y15, Y11 and a touch of YR23. I cut out the Glowworm and used some Dimensionals to pop him up. I added a few Dew Drops to the corners with Mini Glue Dots to finish it off!


We hope you will join in on the fun and play in our challenge! Tomorrow we will have a new challenge for you! Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!
Chrissy D

6 comments:

Shelia said...

cute cards Chrissy! I especially like the background on your glow bug card!

Karin said...

I love your cards Chris! I love the color combo on the first, so perfect! And I love the idea of inking up the embossed background! Looks wonderful!

Sue said...

2 wonderful cards Chris! I love all the dots on your Josephine card as well as the black, white and red. And you glowworm card is too cute! Your ivy vine is the perfect compliment!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So cute, Chris! Love the classic color combo on Josephine and your bg on the glow worm is just fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Chris, I love your layout with Josephine and your glow worm is darling.

Samantha said...

Terrific cards Chris! Love the layout and color scheme on Josephine and the glow worm is just adorable!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP