Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Red, White and Black Valentine

>> Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Monday! Hope you all had an excellent weekend! We had a few inches of snow, but it's suppose to warm up and melt away today. :-(  I don't like driving in the snow, but I love seeing everything covered in white!

Today I have made a red, white and black Valentine card. I started with black card stock, stamped my image DRS Designs Girl Swirl (585G) in Versafine and then embossed it with detail white embossing powder. DRS Designs Hugs and Kisses sentiment (190G) is stamped in Stazon black on white card stock and then layered on red card stock. I used my newest nesties labels that I found on clearance at JoAnn's! The hearts were cut with a Cuttlebug die and popped up with foam squares. Red ribbon was added to complete the look.


I added white card stock inside my card since you can't really write on black card stock! I stamped DRS Designs (978F) Scattered Hearts in red in the corners.


Hope you like it.

Until next time,
shelia

8 comments:

Janett said...

Oh Shelia your card is beautiful. I love the black and white background, it makes the red really pop.

Sue said...

What a great card!! Soooo dramatic! I love how vibrant the colors are!

Karin said...

Wow, I love that bright white embossing on the dark background! Such an eye catching card!

Anonymous said...

Shelia,
So, so darling and such a classic! I love that girl swirl and your design is fabulous. Kudos for the stamped envie, too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a lovely card, Sheila! I love the white embossing on the black and paired w/ the red, it's an instant classic.

Ultimate Whirligig said...

So beautiful.

Samantha said...

Wowzer Shelia! This is one terrific card! I love that dramatic look!

Chrissy D said...

Red, White and Black! My favorite color combo! Wonderful card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP