Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Basket of Daisies

>> Friday, May 20, 2011

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

( you can always click to enlarge photos)

Happy Friday!

This is the post you should have seen last week, but Blogger apparently had other plans for everyone. Oh well! I hope you've had a terrific week! We've been having some work done on our house so there's been lots of banging and sawing and hammering going on every day. I have kind of gotten used to it but my parrots are nervous wrecks. Every little noise and they think they're under attack. I can't imagine anyone coming after a parrot w/ a hammer and nails. It would be a lot like trying to nail jello to the wall, lol. But I'm sure in their little parrot heads they're imagining all kinds of terrible fates.
My first inclination, was color all the flowers and basket. But I had the gold embossing powder sitting out and thought, hmmm. The flowers reminded me of a flower bed full of daisies we had in the house I grew up in. Loved them! So after stamping the image twice and gold embossing, I used a little bleach on the second batch of daisies, cut some out and attached them on the base image. They just give a little dimension and subtle difference in color. The gold paper behind them was cut w/ a lg blossom die. On the background, I gold embossed the dots on top and the medium daisy bloom on the bottom. I used a lt sand marker to add just a hint of color. Finished card measures 4.25 x 5.5. Gold embossing just adds elegance to any image, don't you think?
Thanks so much for stopping by!






Supplies:
stamps: Daisy Basket, Med Daisy Bloom, Polka Dot Background, Just Because
paper: ivory, brushed gold
ink: Encore Ultimate Metallic gold pigment
accessories: detail gold embossing powder, lt sand marker, Krylon gold leaf pen, bleach & acrylic paintbrush, Spellbinders blossom, ribbon tag and circle dies, Quickutz scallop border die

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Very creative and different. I like it a lot!

Karin said...

Gorgeous! Love the monochromatic look and the choice of the gold embossing is just so classy! Love the popped up daisy detail too :)

Samantha said...

Beautiful card Julie! The gold was an excellent choice!

Sue said...

Well worth the wait :) The gold is so classy! I love how you always match old stamps and new!

Anonymous said...

Julie, beautifully done in these colors. Love the paper piecing.

Jennifer E. said...

WOW! Awesome card--so elegant and beautiful! Love all the dimension!

Beth Norman said...

Your poor birds. I laughed at your jello reference. Gorgeous card.

Barbara Bruder said...

What a gorgeous card!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the daisy basket. Thanks for sharing. Jo4Him

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP