Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Welcome Scene

>> Friday, April 22, 2011

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
The weekend is almost here! Maybe you have guests coming to stay for the Easter weekend. I think this would be the perfect welcome, stuck in a pretty little basket of fruit waiting for your family or friends in the guest room. Wouldn't that look nice?

I've had the idea for this card since I first saw the wonderful new Stonewall & Gate image. I had the other images all picked out but it took me a bit to figure out how the placement would work and what size card it would have to be. This card measures 5x5 and the inside (elevated) panel measures 4x4. I used a SAMJ to position the background trees in order to have them appear to go from the top panel to the card front. The little shoe house is on the top layer and I cut around the top and right side for an out of the box look. I sponged on the clouds and grass and colored everything else w/ markers.
The stonewall fence was stamped separately, colored and cut out. I used a single 3 leaf from the background to make the leaves on the winter trees. Here's an inside view showing how I carried the scene over. The greeting is the first two lines only of a Christmas greeting but I thought it went well with the Welcome from the front.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend and a Happy Easter!






Supplies:
stamps: Stonewall & Gate, Welcome, Shoe House, Winter Trees, Single Fall Tree (inside), Family & Friends Christmas Greeting (inside), Three Leaf Background (one section only for the tree leaves)
paper: white, black
ink: VersaFine onyx, Kaleidacolor Caribbean Sea, Memories Soft baby blue
accessories: markers, SAMJ (stamp-a-ma-jig), self made cloud stencil, Spellbinders petite oval dies

6 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card Julie!

Jennifer E. said...

Amazing! I love all you've done with this card--practically looks like a postcard!

Karin said...

Fantastic! It's so charming and looks like an illustration from a story book! I love it :)

Beth Norman said...

Ohhhhhh I love it, Julie. I love how your frame moves into the main part of the card. Great job with that cute shoe.

Sue said...

OMG!!! What a wonderful card! between the 3d fence and the popped up panel it's awesome! WTG

Kathi said...

So incredibly fabulous. I'm glad I popped over from SCS to see the inside of the card.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP