Blog Widget by LinkWithin

In Sympathy

>> Sunday, February 27, 2011

Welcome!

One of my favorite cards to make is strangely, sympathy cards. I think it's because I tend to use nature stamps and very soothing colors. Anyway... here is a sympathy card I made earlier this week

I started by stamping a small piece of celery cs with our Sadness You're Feeling sympathy stamp using black ink and a second piece for the leaf layer using our Silhouette Branch stamp and vintage green ink. After trimming both and cutting a new piece of cs to 4" x 5 1/4" I sponged on a light edging of vintage green ink on all the edges and then gave them all a good distressing!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so soft and pretty, Sue! I love the pale green and distressed edges.

Karin said...

Great color for a sympathy card and the distressed edges on the panels are perfect :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty and peaceful. Sure to bring the recipient comfort.

Jennifer E. said...

Beautiful! The color you've picked and the soft inking you did on the edges has created a very peaceful card!

1CardCreator said...

This is beautiful, just the right sentiment and the design is perfect.

Samantha said...

I love this layout and that green is my fav!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP