Blog Widget by LinkWithin

A Challenge for myself

>> Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Welcome!

Have you ever set yourself up for a card challenge? That was my fun the other night!

We have a great postage frame stamp for the outside of envelopes (F174) ~











It's a great stamp, but it's usage is pretty limited. I decided to try and change that. I told myself I needed to use it as the focal image on a card and then set myself down to stamp. I got lucky that the 3 colors of card stock jumped right out at me :)

Actually I have to admit the whole thing sorta put itself together - I stamped our Butterfly Vine (H914) twice across the top and twice across the bottom using dark brown dye ink and kraft card stock. I let that dry as I stamped a separate piece of card stock with our In God We Trust postage frame (F174) using the same ink. I covered the "hole" where you're supposed to put the stamp with a small piece of sage card stock and layered that on chocolate card stock. I adhered this to the center of my card and colored the Butterfly Vines with lavender and sage markers. Last but not least I stamped our Textured Butterfly (E985) using the "rock and roll" inking method. I first inked the whole butterfly using lavender dye ink then "rolled" the edges of the stamp on a darker color ink pad - in this case purple dye ink. I stamped the whole thing on more kraft card stock and after cutting it out I attached it to the sage card stock. I don't know who first came up with the "rock and roll" inking, but my hats off to them!


I never really know why certain cards appeal to me, but this one did. Maybe because I was expecting to stare at the postage frame stamp all night and instead was done in 20 minutes ;) whatever the reason I REALLY love this background. So much so that I wanted to see more of it. I couldn't just change the focal image - that would be cheating!

So here's my 2nd card using a lot of the same supplies and adding our Vertical Sympathy Stamp (D610) ~


I hope your own personal challenges go as well as mine did!

Thanks for stopping by

Sue

8 comments:

Karin said...

These are lovely! I love the purple and kraft together and great job thinking outside the box on the postage stamp!

Heather said...

I just love these! The subtle colors on kraft are beautiful! Great cards!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wow, Sue! THese are fabulous! The viney borders are perfect and you really turned that postage frame into a central image. Fantastic!

Debbie Seyer said...

These are great, Sue! Love the butterflies and vines!

Bonnie said...

Yum! Love the kraft and purple! What a wonderful way to use that stamp!

Samantha said...

Great job Sue! I love both of these cards!

Jennifer E. said...

Awesome cards Sue! I love the color combo and you've totally inspired me to get out my postage frame stamps--I love how you added the butterfly in that space! So clever!

Dawn said...

SUE... you smart and sassy stamper! I love the way you used these images and the colors are perfect... well done, my friend!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP