Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Oh Those Irish Eyes

>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome!

It's getting close to St. Patrick's Day, so I thought I better get a move on my cards. The plaid was the first thing I thought of when I started thinking and of course it had to be all in green. I stamped a light green paper using Vivid green and spring green dye inks.

The "ribbon" was a great deal I found on clearance. It's about 5 to 6 inches wide and shimmers so nice in person. I cut a 7 inch piece of it and then split it down the middle. 2 knots later they were being taped onto the back of my plaid and my background was finished.

I really enjoyed coloring the shamrock hat - it had just enough, but not too much to keep me happy! When I was done coloring I sponged on a little spring green around the edges. The sentiment was stamped on white and then I cut off the last line of the saying, wanting to keep this card a little more serious. A little 2 sided tape and I was patting myself on the back for a job well done :)


Unfortunately, this is when I got myself into trouble (not really!!)

As I was cleaning up, I started thinking about the Irish eyes saying and well, the thought "what I really need is some green eyes" got me doing even more thinking. We do have an eyeball stamp, so what if it's for Halloween! I got a little silly trying out different greens and also stamping the eyeball in black and coloring in the iris green. My original idea was to do a whole background of different color green eyeballs (that actually was more suited for Halloween cause it was really scare-y!)

Once I established I couldn't go overboard on the eyes, this card was finished in about 5 minutes


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Debbie Seyer said...

So cute! LOL

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are really cute, Sue! Love all the green eyes, lol.

Cheryl said...

Very cute! The inside of your card gave me a chuckle.

Jennifer E. said...

Great cards Sue & great idea to stamp those eyes! I forgot all about them, but thy're perfect for this St. Patty's saying!

Cathy Rulli said...

Fun cards Sue!!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP