Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday Morning Sketch!

>> Tuesday, February 9, 2010

by Debbie Seyer - A Peek Into My Stamping Room

This week DRS Designs is sponsoring Tuesday Morning Sketches! You can see the sketch and the great prize HERE. Be sure to check out all the great samples by the Tuesday Morning Sketches design team using DRS images!!

Using a sketch is one of my favorite ways to get my creativity going! I had alot of fun with this sketch. So much, in fact, that I made 2 cards for today!

My first card sticks to the sketch really close.


I used the new release XL Design Ribbon Slide (G141). I stamped the image and embossed it using some clear embossing powder. After I heat set the powder, I cut out the square and the ribbon slide portion. I threaded my ribbon thru the middle and tied a bow. I stamped/embossed the With Sympathy (F687) sentiment and added some sponging around the outside. Sympathy cards are hard for me to make. I am used to using bright cheerful colors and lots of embellishments on my cards but a sympathy card needs alot less to get the point across.

For my second card, I changed up the sketch just alittle bit. I used a sentiment as the main focal point and embellishments along the bottom. Here I chose a bright, cheerful color of orange!!


The sentiment is a new release called Song In My Heart (G202). I stamped the sentiment first and then cut/embossed using Labels 11 Nestabilities(tm). I also cut/embossed some Classic Heart Nestabilities(tm) and put those along the bottom, held in place by some heart shaped pearl brads.

I love this sketch and hope you will give it a try! Be sure to check out all the great samples from the Tuesday Morning Sketches design team! If you play along you could win a great prize from DRS Designs! Have a great Tuesday!

5 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Beautiful Cards! The Sympathy card is stunning.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of these are just terrific, Debbie! Love the two different color combos.

Cathy Rulli said...

These are great!!!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Your 1st card is so elegant! Love how you used the ribbon slide and the ribbon is gorgeous! I love your 2nd card, too! I love orange & white cards!

Jennifer E. said...

Great cards Debbie! I love your color choices and fun take on the sketch!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP