Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

The Bucket Handbag Challenge!

>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010

by Debbie Seyer - A Peek Into My Stamping Room

Yesterday on Splitcoaststampers, the challenge was to make a Bucket Handbag box. It's a really great template and I wanted to do something using one of my favorite DRS Stamps - Large Filigree Snowflake (M1119). Yep, you read that right - Snowflake!! I love the look of this stamp. It's just so elegant and I just knew I could use it as a background on my bag. What do you think?

After printing the template onto the pink cardstock, I cut everything out. Then I stamped the Filigree Snowflake all over the bag using the same colored ink as my cardstock. Then before I cut/embossed the Classic Heart Nestabilities™, I stamped all over a scrap of white cardstock. After the heart was cut/embossed then I stamped the Script Happy Valentine's Day sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I layered it onto a black Scalloped Heart Nestabilities™. I even cut the handles using Scalloped Heart Nestabilities™ but its hard to see with my big bow :).

This color combo is one of my daughter's favorites, so I think this is for her! Maybe a iTunes gift card for Valentine's? She isn't into sweets (I don't know who she gets that from!) Don't be afraid to use your stamps in different ways! Hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

So pretty and fun - a great image for the background!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful, Debbie! I agree, the filigree snowflake is a perfect bg image.

Jennifer E. said...

Oh my so cute! Makes for such an elegant little handbag! Great colors too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP