Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

One Stamp... 3 Different Techniques...and TIME TO SHOP!!!

>> Saturday, January 9, 2010

By:
Dawn Knight
I LOVE getting new stamps. Especially this one... Tree with Snow (m114) one of DRS's New Releases... available for purchase January 9th...That's TODAY!!!
When I got my hands on this one... I knew what I was going to do.
I used different techniques and textures to show different seasons. The first one, I used a sponge to add the leaves and the grass. Then i used white glue and Flower Soft to add the texture and the look of flowers and leaves. This card would be great for spring OR summer. This was a quick card to make and I love the soft look of it. Perfect for that special person,male or female in your life...

For this card,I used vellum and copic markers. I colored on
the BACK of the vellum and then blended the colors with a blender pen made for the copic markers. Then I turned the paper over and stamped the image on the FRONT. I colored the tree and the fence with copic markers as well and then I used my die cuts to make the shapes. I mounted this on white cardstock to show off the background colors. This could be morning or evening...late fall...early winter before the snow flies...ANYTHING!!!How is that for variety? and I am not even DONE yet!!! I have one more card and season to go!
For this card, I stamped the image on white cardstock.Next, I sponged the background and the edges, I added the sun and THEN came the snow!!! I used liquid applique for texture and dimension and then I added stickles for the glimmering snow effect that is coming from the gorgeous bright sun! I used a glitter pen on the fence wires to make it look like snow fell on them as well.I adhered this to an embossed paper that I also sponged and here is the winter card. I LOVE the versatility that this stamp offers. It could be used for a varitey of occasions as well... This is a must have for every stampers collection! I guarntee this will see TONS of ink! Thanks so much for stopping by and remember that all of the fantastic new releases will be available for purchase of the DRS website beginning January 9th... TODAY!!!

6 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

Very pretty - great post!

Sue said...

I love all the techniques and textures - once again glad I don't have to pick a favorite!

Kimberly S said...

Wow, love seeing an image used in so many ways. Beautiful cards! :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are just fantastic, Dawn! Love the different seasons for this awesome image.

Debbie Seyer said...

These are just wonderful!

Jennifer E. said...

Beautiful cards Dawn! When I forst saw that image I wasn't quite sure what to do with it, but now I see all of the great scenes created with it--You all have inspired me!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP