Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Birthday Boy!

>> Friday, October 2, 2009

Posted By Jennifer E.


Do the colors blue and orange scream "Boy!" to you, like they do to me? I think these colors tend to make up the most vibrant boy color combo out there. I get tired of using browns and greens all the time for masculine cards. I love the bright & fun contrast created by the orange!



I used these "boy" colors to create this Birthday card using DRS Designs "Best Present Ever" image along with their newest background stamp to create my own pattern paper panel (say that 3 times fast! LOL!) DRS Designs has a ton of great background stamps and I love this one since it can be used for Birthdays or Holidays, and it can be colored to match your project perfectly!





No hidden tricks on this card--overall it's very simple--if you like to layer (and layer) like me! This Cutie Pie Kid and the background panel were colored with markers. I used the Cut-Out Technique to cut him out with a Nesties die. See how his hat pokes up out of the square around him? I added a simple "Happy Birthday" sentiment by punching it out with my Word Window punch and some orange ribbon tied around the background panel helped make this card complete!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Best Present Ever (K650), Gift Background (H1140), One Line Happy Birthday Sentiment (A250)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Bazzill & American Crafts
Accessories: Bic & Copic Markers, Nesties, EK Success Corner Rounder, SU! Word Window Punch, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, White Gel Pen
Finished Card Size: 5" x6.5"



So, what's your favorite masculine color combo?


Thanks for visiting today.


Enjoy your weekend!


Smiles,
Jennifer

6 comments:

Cathy Rulli said...

Cute and fun!! TFS

Anonymous said...

I think this is just adorable Jen!! Love the color combo...perfect for boy colors! :)

Samantha said...

I just love those colors too! It probably helps that they are also the local high school colors as well! Excellent card!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love orange and turquoise together. Very bright and festive - perfect for a birthday card!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome coloring, Jennifer, and the colors are perfect for a little guy card; so are the fun images!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so cute! I love the happy colors and all the wonderful layers.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP