Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Moonlight & Magic

>> Wednesday, September 30, 2009

posted by Julie - The Write Stuff
Happy last day of September! Since tomorrow is the first day of October, I thought it might be fun to do a Halloween card. I love creating scenes and I had a blast using these fun colors from a Kaleidacolor pad called Creole Spice.

For my Halloween scene, I used Winter Trees (L680), Summer's End (M036), and Moonlight & Magic greeting (G609). I discovered that a 1" hole punch fits the size of the moon in the greeting, so I used the punch out to mask off an area for the moon. Then I sponged on the yellow and orange for the sky, then used a torn piece of copy paper as a mask to sponge on the colors for the ground and horizon. The images were then stamped, masking where needed, with black ink. After removing the mask for the moon, I stamped the greeting with the help of a stamp positioner.

The top purple frame was created with a drippy goo punch and I used the left over part of this to make the lower frame. Two buttons were created with cardboard that was colored with a purple Galaxy pen then covered with purple Stickles. I used a bat punch to make the bats but did a little reshaping with my scissors. Black stickles was added to the bats and trees.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you feel inspired to send a spooky greeting to someone you know!


9 comments:

Darlene said...

WOWSA ... this is awesome! Great colors and layout. I love the scene you have created and the colors are just awesome!!!

Samantha said...

At the risk of sounding old....wow, totally awesome, dude! I just love the colors and the stamping on this card. Excellent job Julie!

Jessica G. said...

Wow, Julie, this is a truly striking card! Your colors are so vibrant and your creation of scene details is amazing!!

Jennifer E. said...

Fantastic card! Great colors & I love all of the stamped elements you added to this one!

Anonymous said...

Oh wowZER!!!! Julie, this is just totally gorgeous girl!! I love the colors and that drippy goo punch is cool!! :) TFS!!

Cathy Rulli said...

Very cool and creepy looking...but in a good way!!! tfs

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors and fantastic created scene, Julie!!! Great looking card!!!

Sue said...

Wow! WOw!! WOW!!! I love how you made your scene - very impressive! and the colors! Cards don't get no better than this!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Julie!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP