Blog Widget by LinkWithin

One Stamp - Two Projects!

>> Thursday, August 27, 2009

By Debbie Seyer

Hello! When it comes to purchasing stamps, I usually look for those stamps that give me the most bang for my buck. I haven't ever really purchased all that many Thanksgiving stamps but when I saw Pumpkin Bouquet (M684), I knew I had to have it! Then I challenged myself to use this beautiful stamp in different ways. Today, I came up with two projects that I think you will love!



For the card, I stamped the image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto Ivory cardstock. I colored using my Copic markers. I then cut out the whole image. Using my Labels 8 Nestabilities, I cut my card base, brown & ivory layers. I mounted my pumpkin onto the ivory label and then added the Ribbon Tag stamped with Happy Thanksgiving (B069).

The second project is a bag-a-lope. You can find the tutorial on how to make an envelope into a bag HERE on Splitcoast Stampers. I covered the front and back sides of my bag-a-lope with a Labels 8 Nestabilities, too. I stamped the Stuffed with Reasons Greeting (G760) using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink pad onto an Ivory Labels 8. I stamped, colored and cut out just the top of the Pumpkin Bouquet and mounted it under the brown and ivory layers. I added an orange bow. I think this bag-a-lope would be great to give a Teacher, Co-Worker or Bible Study Buddy, don't you? I don't remember what its called but some candy corn mixed with peanuts would be pretty neat in this little bag, wouldn't it?

Here is a shot of just the card!


Supplies Used: Pumpkin Bouquet (M684) & Happy Thanksgiving (B069); Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla cardstock; Rich Cocoa & Tuxedo Black Memento Ink pads; Copic Markers; Spellbinders - Ribbon Tag Trio, Labels 8 Nestabilities, orange ribbon.

Here is the Bag-a-Lope!

I hope I have given you some ideas on using those Thanksgiving stamps. There are tons of projects to make using these stamps and DRS Designs has alot to choose from! Have a great day!

8 comments:

Ryann said...

Love this! What a great idea to use for co-workers... :)

Margie Higuchi said...

A very clever idea for a bag!!! Definitely makes me feel like Fall is around the corner...oh, wait! It is isn't it? YIKES! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! These are so gorgeous Debbie!! Fantastic projects!! :)

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous, vibrant coloring on the pumpkin bouquet and the Top Note die cut makes such a fun bagalope!

Jennifer E. said...

This is a beautiful set Debbie! Love your coloring!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Wow! Amazing coloring and creations!

Cathy Rulli said...

Great projects Debbie - TFS

Sue said...

How fun is that?? I never thought to use the flowers without the pumpkin!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP