Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Jenny Giraffe and the Spotlight Technique

>> Friday, August 28, 2009

I just love Jenny Giraffe. Her face and smile are so adorable! I just had to use this sentiment. I used the spotlighting technique. It's great to focus in on one thing, which is what I was after for this sentiment. I stamped Jenny twice. I used a 1 3/4 size circle punch to punch out the head from the second image, colored it with Copics, and finally, I taped it to the first image. I used faux stitching wtih a paper piercer, template, and a marker. I also sponged the creamy caramel Top Note die with creamy caramel ink to get a darker shade to coordinate with the Copic marker. You can see more spotlight cards using DRS Designs stamps:

Ms. Witch's Shoes

Jimbo & the Gang
Recipe

Stamps: Jenny Giraffe (G859), sentiment (D289)
Paper: more mustard, creamy caramel, white, more mustard dsp
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, creamy caramel, SU close to cocoa marker, Copic markers (YR23 yellow ochre, E35 chamois, BG10 cool shadow
Accessories: SU Top Note die cut, ribbon, eyelet, paper piercer & template (SU mat stack), pop-up dots
Techniques: spotlighting, faux stitching

*

7 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Adorable card! I love that eyelet idea that eyelet idea too!

Jessica G. said...

Fun spotlight card and great sketch!

Anonymous said...

So adorable!! What a fun layout and I love the spotlight idea! :)

Cathy Rulli said...

Very cute Jen!!!

Denise said...

this is adorable! I love spotlighting too!

Sue said...

So Fun!! Why have I never seen this before?? Great Card!

Samantha said...

Love it!!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP