Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Inspiration & Coordination!

>> Sunday, August 23, 2009

posted by: Cathy/Crafty Thoughts

Isn't it great when you see something and you are inspired instantly. How about when that inspiration yields a well coordinated project?!

A few weeks ago I was walking through the Target dollar spot and found a two pack of gift bags. I knew instantly the DRS Designs image that I could use with one of the bags. Here is the outcome...

Images by DRS Designs...



I used only one stamp on this project...the birthday candle burst (L451). I simply stamped the candles on white, colored and cut them out. I stamped just the sentiment onto my teal panel. (The nice thing about an unmounted piece of rubber is that you can cut a portion off which will make the stamp more versatile. Just be sure to make a straight cut so the pieces can fit back together to make your stamp whole again.)

The bottom portion of the card was made with strips of the colored cardstock to match the bag. This was a quick and fun project. I hope this inspires you to "get coordinated" with some of the gift bags you have just waiting to paired up with the perfect matching card!!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for another DRS Designs challenge...this is an easy one that anyone can join in on! Don't forget about our Card Drive for Cards for Heroes that is going on now!!! Click HERE for more info.

See you soon...

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Awesome job of coordinating the card with a fun gift bag! Such a great set!!

Anonymous said...

OH how clever Cathy!! I love the fun bright colors you've duplicated from the bag!! Great inspiration!! :)

Sue said...

Very Cool Cathy! TFS

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP