Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Picnic Anyone?

>> Friday, July 24, 2009

Posted By Jennifer

One of my favorite Summer past times is going to the near by park and having a picnic lunch. Seeing this new picnic basket image sure reminded me of those days. Unfortunately now with a grown up schedule and adult responsibilities I don't have time for them. Ahh, the good ol' days!


But what picnic is complete without a red plaid tablecloth and a few ants? These ideas inspired me to use DRS Designs Open Plaid background stamp to create my own red plaid look and the new Ant Betty stamp on this card.
I colored this image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol, and outlined it with a gray Copic marker. I embellished it with a black spiral clip & some red plaid ribbon fit just perfectly!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Picnic Basket (K1104), Ant Betty (B1035), Open Plaid Background (P631)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink, SU! Real Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Brads By Making Memories, Ribbon By The Paper Studio's Ribbon Trends, Spiral Clip by Creative Impressions, EK Success Corner Punch, Copic marker C1,
Finished Card Size: 5 7/8" x 5.5"

If you're anything like I am then you better make your picnic plans quick...Fall is right around the corner with it's cool weather and falling leaves. Did I mention back to school and football too?
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Perfect summer card! Your coloring on the basket is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

How cute is this!! Love the wonderful layout you've used!! :)

Sue said...

Wonderful Card! I love all the plaid! Great coloring too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP