Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Seasons of Zindorf

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009

Posted by Jessica G.

Have you ever admired a technique so much that you immediately went out and bought the necessary tools, but then tucked them away to sit un-used collecting dust? I may be guilty of that (in)action a few times or maybe more times that I can remember!
Michelle Zindorf (check out her amazing blog here) is the Queen of the Brayers, creating gorgeous, elegant cards which inspired me to rush out and purchase my very own brayer. As you may have guessed, the brayer went without ink for way too long, creating only guilt every time I looked at it. What changed? I received this beautiful sentiment from DRS and I immediately knew it deserved the most elegant of backgrounds. Searching through Michelle's prolific step-by-step tutorials, this was my first attempt at the 'Zindorf Style:

Stamps Amazing Grace G472, Silhouette Branch H1011.
And here's a close-up of the sentiment that inspired me:

My brayering technique leaves much to be desired (and practiced), and I learned a little sponging went a long way to smooth out the technique. Even though it was a bit rough around the edges, I really was impressed at how beautifully the Zindorf technique showcased the sentiment. DRS has a huge assortment of elegant, fun, or classic sentiments, so there was plenty of inspiration to keep going.

Here's is a fun card using the Let's Go to the Beach Tutorial:
Stamps used: Drink Line Up G173, sentiment masked out of H391.
This Thanksgiving Wheat card was a bit more complicated with embossing thrown in to highlight some of the wheat, but isn't it perfect for the DRS Thanksgiving sentiment?

Stamps used: Wheat H149, sentiment G797.
And finally, I used a peaceful ocean background in this sympathy card:

Stamps used: Flowers M385, sentiment B262.
Round up those DRS sentiments, dust off your brayer, and give the Zindorf tutorials a try!

11 comments:

Stef H said...

I am soooo guilty of the same thing. My brayer is sitting in my pencil cup on my craft table and I think I've used it once since I got it - about 2 years ago!

Thanks for the beautiful inspirations!

Cathy Rulli said...

AWESOME!!!! Yes, I'm yelling!!! LOL

What a great job on these cards!!!
Mine is sitting on the floor, always getting pushed out of the way! I'll have to give this a try sometime too!!!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! WOW!! You've done so beautifully with the techniques!! I've not much played around with this yet! TFS! :)

Jennifer E. said...

Way to go! These cards are awesome! Looks like you've mastered the Zindorf Technique very well!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Jessisca! You have mastered the brayer! Every single one of these is just amazing!

dcorder

Sue said...

Wonderful cards! Please don't ask me to pick a favorite.
I'm sure I would never buy something and not use it :)

Janette said...

gorgeous Jessica!!! I love them all. I tried this technique last week and could not master the brayer so I used sponges. I need to try again on a different table with a harder surface maybe?

Samantha said...

Your cards are just stunning Jessica. I'm so glad you decided to give the brayer a try!

Heather said...

These are amazing! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Donelda said...

HOly Moly -- Jessica, these are awesome!! I'd say you ought to get that brayer out more often!! WOW!!!!

Kelly L said...

These are beautiful, Jessica! You should use that brayer more often. I, too, am guilty of buying something then possibly being too nervous to try the technique that I purchased the items for. Oh the shame! :) Kel

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP