Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Simple holiday cards

>> Friday, October 17, 2008

One of my favorite things about DRS Designs is all of the wonderful images that they offer that are "color-able". I have always loved coloring since I was a small child and there is nothing better to me than a brand new big box of Crayola crayons. But now as an adult, there are so many other mediums that I get to use to color with. And instead of coloring books I have lots of stamps to keep me busy :). One coloring medium that I rediscovered was coloring with my ink from an ink pad and a blender pen. I love the bright bold colors and the easy blending capabilities.

I used some of the newly released holiday images by DRS Designs to create simple but "wow effect" cards using kraft paper.

I stamped the image on the kraft card base first and then again on white card stock. I then colored in my images (on the white card stock) using ink from an ink pad and my blender pen. I cut out the images and then layered them onto the kraft card base. These were very simple *but fun* to do and I hope that you will give it a try!





Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I love the way the kraft paper makes the images pop! what a lovely idea!

Jessica G. said...

Wonderful cards! I agree with the Dawn: the kraft REALLY makes your beautiful coloring technique pop!

Anonymous said...

You did a fabulous job on these "simple" cards!! :) Your coloring is awesome! TFS!

Etha said...

oh wow those are just wonderful! I love that tiny snowman peeking from the inside of the last card, what a neat idea!

Kelly L said...

These are REALLY beautiful, Jessica. I would have never thought to layer them on the kraft paper like that. GREAT idea!! Simple is best this year, I think, as it will cut down on the thickness factor for mailing. :) Kel

Janette said...

great cards! I have really been enjoying using kraft paper recently so thanks for the inspiration

Heather said...

These are all terrific! great job!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP