Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Like Candy Corn?

>> Saturday, October 4, 2008

Whoever receives this better!!! Today is my day to share my Halloween treat with you...I couldn't resist a candy corn project using these cutie pie candy corn stamps!!!



I used a clear gusseted bag and let me tell you, this thing holds ALOT of candy corn! There is approximately one and half bags of corn in there! There was a little bit more when I first filled the bag but as I was working on my project I kept dipping in and sampling some!!! I finally had to staple it shut or I would have had to go back to the store!! Anyway...I wrapped some black cardstock around the base and stamped a border of candy corns on white using the DRS candy corn background stamp! That stamp is so much fun, all you do is stamp it in orange and then color in your yellow layer and you're done! I machine stitched and then embellished with my candy corn man and some circles and scallops! The top is simply another piece of black folded over. I stapled the black to the bag and then covered my staples with another strip of my candy corn background. Since this candy corn man was bigger, I used my Creative Memories circle cutter to cut his circle and then cut his hand out. I attached the "treat for you" tag with embroidery floss and placed it in his hand! The tag is a silver rimmed tag that you can find at any office supply store.

I hope you have found a bunch of inspiration this week...be sure to check back next week for even more!!!! If you have been inspired by any of these projects, to make the same thing or even a variation, be sure to stop back and post a comment on any of the posts with a direct link to your project...we've love to check it out...it will be your turn to inspire us!

See you soon...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Of course I'd rather receive one of these than make them!

Stop by my new Candy Corn blog - I want to feature crafts and ideas about all things candy corn!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo darn cute Cathy!! Wonderful treat and so yummy looking!! :)

Jessica G. said...

What a fun idea! I want to use that candy corn BG for a gift bag because it's just perfect for that. Beautiful coloring technique, too.

Gwen said...

Oh my gosh!!! how cute is this!!! love it!!

Janette said...

This is a great idea Cathy! So yummy looking too

Etha said...

wow this looks so professional! Great treat bag :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP