Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

String of Lights for you!

>> Monday, September 8, 2008

Hello friends! This card was so much fun to put together!! I wanted to use some of those awesome NEW RELEASE RIBBON SLIDES! I find lots of inspiration from looking at magazines and getting ideas for layouts, colors, etc. This is where I got the idea for this card!
I've used several different DRS Designs images on this particular card:
The layout was taken from a magazine and I used my nestabilities to create the scallop circle and my coluzzle to create the smaller circle with the snowflakes. I used a glitter pen to make the dots inside each scallop and distressed the edges of the card with white ink. It may be hard to see in the picture, but I also used stickles for spots on the snowflakes to make them sparkle. It's also hard to see, but I covered EACH light bulb slider with crystal effects! My favorite part of this card was the ribbon strung through the lightbulbs. To make the ribbon stay in place where it's at, I placed it how I wanted it to look and attached it to the card with some glue dots. Then of course the greeting was markered with black from the Holiday Multi Greeting and stamped over top of the snowflakes.
Be sure to get out those magazines to see what comes to your mind with the stamps you have!
And don't forget to play along in our challenge on THIS blog!! Create an ATC and post a link to it in the challenge comment section of the post!! We would love to see what you come up with!! You still have ONE more week left before we move on to the next challenge!!
Have fun stamping today friends!! :)

5 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Vicki, this is too cool! Love that ribbon threaded through those sliders! Awesome card!!
Blessings, Maria

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful coloring technique on the lights, Vicki!

Etha said...

oh that is so neat! love how you arranged the bulbs across the card! I like to be inspired by magazines as well, I never really copy anything but just get a hint of inspiration from bits and pieces which I may combine differently. Great card!

Janette said...

love what you did with the ribbon slides and how you coordinated your bg using the string of lights edger. Great job!

Cathy Rulli said...

Very cool!!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP