Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Halloween Dahlia Flower

>> Friday, September 12, 2008

How many of you love the Ribbon Slides by DRS Designs? I know I do! They are so much fun & add a lot of dimension to your work. Well, here's another one to add to your collection! DRS Designs will be releasing new Halloween and Fall Stamps on Monday September 15th.


To make this card, I first used house-hold cleaning bleach with a sponge and a paint brush to add lighter highlights to my orange cardstock. Then, I created the Dalia (the center flower) using the Dahlia Fold technique. You can see tutorials here and here.

I used my Marvy Uchida 1.5" scallop circle punch to punch out 9 scalloped circles. I used the tutorials above to fold them and create each petal. I found it best to use regular tape to hold the petals together as I created each one.



After I created the Dahlia flower, I stamped the pumpkin ribbon slide image on smooth white cardstock, and colored it with my Bic Markers. I cut it out, and also cut out the center portion. I threaded a small piece of black and orange ribbon through the center and adhered it to the back of the ribbon slide. I used my Nesties to cut a small black circle to put behind the ribbon slide, and then adhered it to the center of my Dahlia flower.

I formed my black cardstock base to measure for an A2 size card (4.25" x 5.5") but created it so that the fold was on the left, short side of the card. I layered cardstock as shown, and added one of the older Halloween sentiments by DRS Designs with black ink.

I love the dimension the Dahlia fold technique gives to each project. Here you can see just how much "lift" is created by each fold.

Make sure to stop by DRS Designs on Monday (September 15th) to check out all of the new releases. If you're a Fall and Halloween lover like me, then you're not going to want to miss it!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Pumpkin Ribbon Slide (to be released on Sept. 15, 2008), 2 Line Vertical Happy Halloween Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, colored cardstock by Bazzill and Paper Reflections
Accessories: Clorox Bleach, Bic Markers, May Arts Ribbon, Nesties, Marvy Uchida Circle Scallop punch

Have a great weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

7 comments:

Janette said...

really cool technique Jennifer! great card- TFS

Cathy Rulli said...

Very cool - great idea!!!

Jessica G. said...

I never would have thought to use the dahlia fold for a Halloween card, but this is amazing! Love the way you used the ribbon slider, too.

Shirley said...

That is just too cute! so pretty! and a really wonderful card! Love it

Etha said...

That is soooo wonderful! love all the dimension on that card and the sentiment is too cool down the side! What a great idea ;)

Dawn said...

This is JUST GORGEOUS!!! How beautiful! thanks so much for the beautiful card and the great idea and the tutorial!!!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous dimension you've achieved with this!! Love it!! :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP