Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Nontraditonal Twists

>> Wednesday, June 7, 2023

I really like the new U.S. Military Proud collection, and today I am sharing some non-traditional twists on the U.S  Army and U.S. Navy coins.  



This first one was inspired by a burlap wreath. To replicate it, I drew some burlap and a bit of plaid.  A bunch of Stickles were added because I love how it makes the card really standout.  I think this would work well for a woman soldier, but would work for a man too. 

On this one, I used a Stamperia ship pipe stencil that was colored up using several shades of ink and a torn paper and distress technique. It gives the coin a little funky vintage look.  It would work well for someone retired from the Navy.  Plenty of Stickles were used on this one as well.
I hope your week is going well!

Hugz,

Nancy


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness I love the wreath. I bet that card is very shiny. Great stencil for the Navy card. It reminds me of all the pipes in the submarines that I visited years ago in California. Two super cards Nancy.

Robin Clendenning said...

These are really cool and they have given me ideas!!
I especially love the Navy one but of course that is because of my sweet dad!
Hope you don't mind if a do a little casing!!
BTW, just looked up and saw Lisa's comment, the pipes reminded me of submarines too...my dad worked on them during the war.

Karin said...

Your wreath does look like burlap! That's just amazing! I love both backgrounds too, but the pipes are a totally clever idea! My stencils are so underused, so thanks for the inspiration :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP