Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Expect The Unexpected!

>> Thursday, October 28, 2021

 Good morning!

Recognize that stamp I used for the table?  Yup, it's the Floor stamp.  Just a little planning and masking and you have a table (Well, I did draw in the legs).  And guess what, used the Floor on the floor too, imagine that! LOL! I actually stamped the Broom first, masked then stamped the Witch Books and hat, masked then I stamped the "table" masking a straight line about 1 inch from the back of the table so that it stamps the Floor shorter (less deep).  I drew lines on for legs then masked and stamped the floor.
I kept the mask on for the books, hat and broom then stamped the Brick Wall.  I Stamped the Spider on the table (no mask needed).  See more below...

I stamped the sentiment, Expect The Unexpected, separately (because I couldn't decide where to put it), then cut it out with lots of dips and bumps.. I popped it up over the "real" floor.
I die cut a Memory Box web from vellum then sponged it with glue and glittered it..
Next I made a black frame that I popped up gluing the web under it in a couple places then onto the stamped image and a purple panel before gluing to a card base.
Ok, so we needed a kitty, right?  I used Tim Holtz Sizzix kitty that came in his 
Halloween die set with a couple witches.  I used some scrap paper colored with green
behind the eyes before popping him up too. 
I think that is it.

My next card took a lot more work than it looks, great eh?  I sorta thought it would turn out looking like it took work but no, it looks very simple! LOL!!
I will explain.

I took a background I already made (watercolor paper) then stenciled a bit.  I then ran the background 
through my Big Shot with a Tim Holtz Brick embossing folder...Should not have wasted my time
as the watercolor paper was too textured to show the embossing (time waster #1).
I set the background aside and started on my stamped panel.  I stamped the Bubbling Beaker 
and Magic Potion Shelf with black StazOn on vellum.  I masked the Beaker then stamped the "Floor" table, doing the same thing as the top card making it less deep.  Drew the legs in then turned the vellum over and used white Gesso to paint in the images.  Once dry I turned it back to the front then used a combo of Copics and colored pencils to color the images.  Time consuming but not really a waste of time since now my images and coloring of them show up when I glue the panel to the background ( I used a spray adhesive on the back of the vellum).  But before you glue the vellum, stamp the sentiment, Drop In For A Spell.
When I glued the background to the vellum I used a rubber brayer to make it nice and smooth.
I got the idea of stamping on vellum and painting the back from Kevin Nakagawa of Stampscapes.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, you are masking wizard, Robin. These are both creative, fun, and amazing! I love the detail, the coloring, the tables, and the backgrounds. Note to self: learn to mask better! Fab Halloween designs. Hugz

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful! I haven't tried masking yet

Sue said...

I bow to your masking genius Robin! These are 2 incredible cards and I just can't wait to see them in person! So much to look at in both cards that I just keep looking for something new to see :) I'm giving you an A+ for both creative ideas and execution!

Karin said...

Wow! These are a couple of masterpieces! This stamping and coloring on vellum gives the card such a cool effect! I really lovethe colors of the beaker and potions! The first one is a masterclass in backgrounds! Love the composition and overall Halloween vibe from the cat, broom and sentiment too :)

Lisa said...

Robin when I grow up and become a stamper I want to be just like you. Your scenes are incredible. I can't decide between the 2 cards which I love more.

Your coloring, your image selections and the BG on that second card are over the top impressive.

Seriously you are oozing with talent.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP