Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

June Birthday

>> Tuesday, June 1, 2021

 Hi Everyone, happy June!



It's always a celebration when my favorite pig makes an appearance on a card! Birthday Party Pig was colored and fussy cut, and set aside as I created the background for him.  




I dry embossed the top, stamped the bottom portion of my paper using the Interlocking Circle Background stamp, and chose the June Birthday Greeting, to make the card more personal for the recipient.  The new Push Pin stamp makes for the best little embellishment, so I stamped it in the corner, and then fussy cut the head and attached it to the card. 








Some ribbon was used to cover up the seam, and I attached that partyin' pig to the card.  It still wasn't celebratory enough for me, so out came my gems that I attached to the centers of those circles.  Now it finally seemed complete ;-)



I had this Friendly Flower Frog , which was colored and fussy cut for a previous project that never came together. Not being a person who can toss anything away, I decided on a simple embossed background that I added some chalk and glitter glue to, in an attempt to match up the flowers on the frog. 






I attached the Have I Toad You Greeting, and added the frog with some dimensional foam tape.  These types of cards are some of my favorites for a card stash.  When the time comes, the inside can be stamped with just about anything and it will fit the outside sentiment!



Thanks for stopping by!
Karin


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, these are two really well done cards. That party pig card is full of so many great details and colors. I love the gems in the circles - so festive and fun. Leonard looks like his having a lot of fun. The embossed flowers work perfectly with that cute frog! Adorable post. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are such wonderful cards, Karin! Love the happy colors & bgs on your piggy bday card & the embossed & colored vine is lovely behind your flower frog.

Robin Clendenning said...

Very cute and happy cards Karin! Love the colors on both, in fact, the green and purple on the second 1 is 1 of my fav color combos.
The first card is so cute with the embossing, frame, bubbles and push pin, makes a great birthday card and Leonard is always so cute!
I love frogs so the second 1 is just so darling to me, fav colors combo and frogs, what could be better!!

Lisa said...

Leonard is just perfect for a fun birthday card and a great layout and colors you added too Karin.

And the flowers are beautifully colored too and goes great with that fun frog.

Two terrific cards.

Samantha said...

These are so cute, Karin! I love the bright colors for the birthday card and it's just fun all around.
The frog card is so sweet with the soft purple and green accents. Lovely cards!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP