Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Fishing Line

>> Friday, May 7, 2021

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! We've had a week of wild weather here..thunderstorms, high winds, lots of rain. Even a couple of tornados further south of me. So I guess the lion that roared out of March is hanging around thru May.

My card today is pretty easy. I was looking thru some backgrounds & couldn't find one I liked, then I saw a folder I keep of stuff I want to recycle. So my bg is actually one of a couple of tissue boxes I saved. I liked the way it resembled a splash of watercolor. I positioned the greeting & silhouette fishermen where I wanted them in my Misti & stamped them w/ Stazon. Memento just wouldn't do it because the surface of the cardboard has a coating & Memento just doesn't stick very well. I die cut the panel w/ a stitched die, then added a black zig zag frame & larger black layer behind it to punch it up a bit.

Here's a look at the inside. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, black, recycled tissue box
ink:  Stazon black (Kaleidacolor Riviera also used on inside)
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle StitchRectangle Combo #4  dies, Misti

 

6 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Your bg is so beautiful Julie! The fishing guys go great with that blue and green and I love the inside too. Fantastic guy card!

Shelia said...

As I was looking at this I was wondering how you created that fantastic background & then I read it’s a recycled tissue box?!! It makes such a fabulous background for those silhouette fishermen! Such a great card!

nwilliams6 said...

Love that background, Julie! I would have saved it too, and it works so beautifully with this image. Super combination of images inside too! LOVE this card! Hugz

Lisa said...

Wowza incredible BG for your fishing boat Julie. Love the bold color and how it works with that silhouette.

Karin said...

How clever of you to recycle this background onto a card! What a pretty tissue box it must have been, and it looks just fantastic on your card!

Samantha said...

Stunning! (Has anyone said stunning yet??) The background you've created for this card is just gorgeous and the black just sets it off perfectly. Beautiful card, Julie!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP