Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Chalk It Up

>> Friday, May 14, 2021

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Father's Day is just around the corner & so are a lot of birthdays. The new DRS images are perfect for masculine cards. It's sometimes hard to come up w/ a guy card that isn't golf or fishing, so here's one for the dad who likes to play pool (like hubs). I made one card where I colored in the billiard balls (coming later), but it was a little hard for me since they're so small, so I figured out a way to use them that didn't require coloring.

Another card I made had a split black/white bg so I used the other halves for my bg here. On the black bg, I stamped the image w/ Distress picket fence & on the white version, just Memento ink. the central image was stamped on white & I colored it in very lightly & added a green layer behind it. The partial greeting was white embossed on a narrow black strip.

I put the rest of the greeting on the inside & added a narrow green frame & a cut out billiard ball. Below it are the Copics I used.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, black, green
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Distress picket fence
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle StitchStitched Hills dies, Misti, white embossing powder, Copic Markers

 

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh, I love how you did this card, Julie! The b/w panel is fabulous as is they way you did the sentiment and the color. LOVE IT!!!!! Hugz

Lisa said...

Oh goodness Julie I love how you used the new pool stick image and I love it in green. Now I need to go color up this image again. I just love the black and white BG too.

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the turquoisey and black combo, striking! The chalk board look on the black is fun with the sentiment, couldn't go any better than that! Love it!
Beautiful coloring as always!! You are the master!

Samantha said...

There's lots to love on this one, Julie! The color combo, the b/w background and of course your stellar coloring skills just to name a few. Great card!

Karin said...

I love the black and white background! Such a great card for a pool enthusiast!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP