Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Get Your Irish On!

>> Monday, March 8, 2021

Happy Monday everyone. Trust you had a great weekend and found some time to get creative. I've been enjoying playing with the newest St. Patrick's Day images from DRS Designs. My first card features the new Arched Window image and the little frog/toad from the Toad Made for you Recognition image.



To create my little scene I first stamped the silhouette shamrocks with Memento Bamboo ink, then I stamped the wood grain image with Distress Antique Linen ink. I sponged on some DO inks to color in the scene. The Arched window was stamped onto white CS with Memento Black ink, colored with Copics and fussy cut. I did the same thing with the little toad and the top hat from the Top Hat St. Patrick's Day Greeting. Once everything was attached to the panel the Get Your Irish On greeting was stamped with Versafine Black ink and then the panel was added to the white card base.


My next card is rather simple, but I really like the look. I did the same technique for the background that I did a couple of weeks ago. The silhouette clover image was stamped with some Altenew green ink. I stamped the image twice before reinking to give the two different shades of green. The Top Hat St. Patrick's Day greeting was stamped with Memento Black ink, colored with copics and die cut. I layered it on a couple more die cut rectangles to it some dimension,





I really like the simple look of this card. It would be easy to mass produce. I'm going to look through my stamps and see what other solid images I have that could be used to create a background like this. Easy peasy!


Thanks for stopping by today. You can check out all the new images at DRS Designs here.


blessings,

shelia


6 comments:

Karin said...

Your window card is made incredibly cute by the addition of that tiny frog in his top hat! That greeting is is perfect too! Love the two toned shamrocks on your second card as well!

Sue said...

What an ADORABLE window card Shelia! That little frog with his top hat on sitting on the window sill really makes it! Love the silhouette shamrocks on the bottom too! Love your second card too! I'm not quite sure how you lines up those shamrocks so perfectly, but they make an amazing background that way!!

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, that window scene is soooooo cute! Love that frog on the window sill! Fun card. The shamrocks on the second card look so great! I want to try that too! Inspiring ideas. Hugz

Lisa said...

Oh how I love that cute frog in the window scene. That is just too cute. Great use of the large clover to create that wonderful BG too.

Robin Clendenning said...

That little frog is so adorable with the hat on!! What a totally cute card! Love it!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so cute, Shelia! Your froggy in the window is adorable w/ his little bow tie & top hat.Your shamrock card is perfect. Love the 2 tones of greens.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP