Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Valentines

>> Tuesday, January 12, 2021

 Hi Everyone,

I love making Valentine cards each year.  They always make me smile due to the fact that they're usually fun, or punny or cute or all three!  I sure could use any and all lightheartedness during these times :)

 I celebrated my 30th wedding anniversary last September, so I definitely think I'm lucky in love.  I'm usually the one who wins when playing cards too, so I paired the new sentiment up with a few card related stamps.  

I embossed the background and made a border strip using the 4 Suite Vertical stamp and a punch. I stamped a fussy cut a couple of the 5 Cards and attached them using some dimensional foam tape.  




This next card is so me.  I love pink.  I love puns.  I love bees.  I love sparkle!  Can I give a valentine to myself? 

I started by stamping the background by using the Flower Hearts stamp.  I then stamped it again for the focal image, die cut and colored it in.  I knew I was going to pair it with the new Bee my Valentine Greeting, so that of course meant adding some bees, using the Happy Bee and Bitsy Bumble Bee stamps.  





 I finished it off by adding some glitter to the bee wings.  Be sure to stop by the new releases page to see all of the new stamps!  

Time to get inky for Valentine's day!
Karin

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, these are soooo fun! Great idea to combine the new luck in love greeting with the card image! Love it! That colorful and sweet flower hearts card is precious. Yes! You can give yourself a Valentine (you can make one of these for me too). Super post. Hugz

Shelia said...

These cards are so cute, Karin! The first one with the hands of cards & the new sentiment is fantastic! Great pairing of images & greeting! I love the pink & yellow color combo on the second card! It just makes me happy!

Robin Clendenning said...

So darling! I just made a card playing one too! I really love the colorful bee card, love those sweet heart flowers! Amazing cards!

Lisa said...

Karin that playing card you created is fantastic. I totally need to get the playing cards image and the 4 Suite Vertical they are great for that new sentiment. Happy Anniversary also! And that bee card is just the cutest! I love the colors too.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP