Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Freezin' Season!

>> Monday, January 25, 2021

Happy Monday everyone. Hope you are staying warm where ever you are. We are having our coldest temperatures so far and may even get our first proper snow. We've had a mild winter so far and only have had minimal snow. My husband may have to get the snow blower out tomorrow morning! We'll see. So in honor of this bout of cold weather I have a couple of snowman cards to share with you.



This first card features the new silhouette skating snowman and the fun Freezin" season greeting. I started by stamping the snowman, as well as the greeting onto some watercolor CS with VersaMark ink and then heat embossing them with Hero Arts detailed white EP.. A Fawn Lawn border die was used to cut a hilly border to use as a mask. I sponged the sky in with a few TH Distress Oxides inks in blues. I used the lightest blue ink I had and sponged a little color onto the snow at the bottom. Some gesso mixed with water was used to splatter some snow onto the sky. After I completed this I kept looking at the card and thinking something was wrong. That's when I realized he was skating on snow and not ice! So I die cut an oval mask and sponged on some more of the lightest blue ink, making it darker for the ice. Some Nuvo Aqua Flow clear shimmer was added to the frozen pond.



This card uses the same greeting but this time it's paired with the Skating Snowman image. The snowman was stamped onto white CS with Memento Black ink, colored with Copics and die cut with a oval die. The greeting was stamped with Versafine Blue ink, heat embossed with clear EP and die cut. The blue panel was splatter with the same gesso mix I used on the first card. Didn't want it to go to waste. After I got this card put together I noticed a blue ink smudge on the greeting, so I added a die cut snowflake with a navy pearl to hide it.


Thanks for stopping by today. You can see all the new images, including the ones I used today, here.


blessings,

shelia

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

So cute, Shelia, love the icy look of the first and the cuteness of the second. These seem to illustrate the weather so many people are having. We had beautiful weather yesterday but now the rain is coming. Adorable cards. Hugz

Karin said...

I love these winter snowman cards! I think the snowman in white is a genius idea...I really like the sparkle and all the gorgeous blues! The skating snowman is colored perfectly too. Super cards!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful blues and I love the embossed snowman, wow! So pretty! Right now it is so cold here and lots of snow all around! Perfect for snowman building!! We are expecting 5-10 feet of new snow in our mountains from today to Friday. Wow, I wonder if it really will drop that much snow!?

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are really terrific, Shelia! Love the blues & embossing. The colors are wonderful & I love the splatter.

Lisa said...

Shelia I love both your cards. Great use of that silhouette and the dark blue BG on the skating showman looks like a great snowy BG. Both these cards are gorgeous!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP