Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Thinking of You

>> Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Hi Everyone,

I love seeing a cardinal in winter.  There's just something about seeing that bright red color against a snowy white backdrop that just lifts my spirits.  

One of the newest stamps that was released for this holiday season is the Cardinal Holly Lantern.  
Fun to color and beautiful for crafts and cardmaking this winter season, I die cut the image and attached it to a background that was half stamped with a Pine Bough and half dry embossed.




I used the new Thinking of you at Christmas Greeting, which is one that I will be stamping with a lot this year.  


And speaking of that sentiment, I challenged myself to make another card using it, only this time to make something super quick.  I used my watercolor brush, a holly leaf punch (Martha Stewart) and some enamel dots for the images and I stamped and cut up the sentiment.  



I liked that so much that I tried again, this time using one layer, a snowflake punch (Martha Stewart) and the Tiny Seasons Greetings stamp.




I'm famous for running to my craft area to whip up a last minute card.  Now at least I have an idea for one!

Wishing you a crafty holiday season...

Karin




5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, your first card is sooooo beautiful with the branches in the background and your wonderful coloring! Wow. So well done. Your quick CAS cards are so fun and I definitely want to try that sketch/idea too. Some great thinking all around here. Hugz

Shelia said...

Beautiful background for the new lantern image! You have the best layouts for your cards! Great coloring too! Your two CAS cards are super cute. I really like the way you added the water colors behind the punched snowflakes & holly. I may be casing these for some last minute cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

Robin Clendenning said...

Your lantern card is beautiful! I love the pine boughs bg panel on top and your pretty embossing on bottom. The lantern image is so beautifully colored and the additions of the scallop border and enamel dots is so perfect!
Your other two quickies are very cute and a great idea for a last minute card!

Lisa said...

Great coloring and layering on the lantern Karin. Those sentiments are fantastic on the water coloring too with the die cuts. Three wonderful cards.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

My goodness, Karin! YOu're really on a roll here. Your lantern card is beautiful w/ the split back panel & holiday colors. Your CAS pair are terrific. Those are so eye catching!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP