Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Have a Ball on Your Birthday!

>> Monday, November 23, 2020


Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. We got some snow yesterday, a heavy wet snow. Everything looks so pretty all white!! DRS is releasing some fun new images so my cards today features some of them.




This first card uses the new Strike 3 in 1 Bowling Designs. I cut the image apart so I could place the different images where I wanted and stamped them with Memento Black ink onto white CS, die cut with a Fawn Lawn rectangle die and then colored the images with Copics. I also stamped the Bowling Strike image onto white CS, colored it with Copics, and die cut it. I used my Misti to line up the word strike from the 3 in 1 bowling Design image and stamped it in Memento Ladybug red ink. Before putting the card together I decided to add some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the bowling balls so they would be shiny and stand out more. Bowling balls are shiny, aren't they? I haven't been bowling in ages! Anyway, once the glaze dried I put the card together, using foam dots for the main image. I really like how this card turned out. Wouldn't this be the perfect birthday card for an avid bowler? My dad, when he was younger, liked to go bowling so this will probably be his birthday card this year. 

My next card uses the new Ball on your Birthday greeting (207D) along with the basketball image from the 4 in 1 sports image. I stamped the basketball onto white CS, colored it with some Copics and fussy cut them. The background panel was embossed with a Sizzix Cobblestone 3d EF. I think it looks a lot like a basketball. The new greeting was stamped onto cream CS and die cut with a banner die. I also create a banner for the basketballs and popped them up with some foam dots.




Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and find some time to get crafty. You can see all the new images here at DRS Designs,

blessings,
shelia


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Fun use of the new images, Shelia. Fun sketches and arrangements too. I am going to have to remember how you did that first one with that cool background! Super creations! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so fun, Shelia! Perfect cards for a guy or sports enthusiast. The texture on your basketball card looks just like a basketball. Your bowling card is wonderful & I love the shiny bowling bowls.

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh how totally cool!! I LOVE the texture on both cards! Your first card with all the fun bowling balls all glossy and 3D )love the red strike too). and then your second card with that embossed basketball looking bg! Sensational fun cards!

Karin said...

Theses are super fun cards Shelia! I love the background you stamped and the shine on the bowling balls! So cute! And The ball sentiment paired up with the basketball (along with that background!!!) is so clever and creative!

Lisa said...

Terrific bowling card with the new images and I love the texture on the basketball card. Both turned out super cute.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP