Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Bowling Birthday

>> Friday, November 20, 2020

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!

I hope your week has gone well! Thanksgiving is next week! I'm so not ready. Even though with things as they are, no one will be here but us, I'm still not ready. Well...I do have the ingredients to make the pumpkin pie Hubs likes, so there's that. Truth be told, I don't like pumpkin pie so I don't eat it. Kind of removes the temptation, lol.

For my card today, I have some really fun new images, soon to be released. Hubs & I used to bowl quite a bit & we still have our bowling balls & shoes, but I don't think there's a bowling alley anywhere near us. I decided to use a watercolor background I had in my stash because the colors remind me of my bowling ball. Yep..it's a marbled blue color, pretty close to this. Only the bowling ball was stamped onto a piece of the watercolor bg, the rest was stamped on white & fussy cut. I added a black zigzag frame & popped up the pins on top of the w/c bg. I like that the top image definitely looks like a strike & not the dreaded 7-10 split! I've never actually seen a 7-10 split picked up..have you? 

Here's the inside.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white, watercolor, black
ink:  Memento tuxedo black

 


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

So fun with that cool water-color background, Julie. The colors are sooo pretty. You can come visit me and we can bowl as long as you don't laugh. Super birthday card with spectacular ideas on it! Fun. Hugz and Happy Thanksgiving (I love pumpkin pie so it would be a temptation for me).

Shelia said...

That’s one beautiful bowling ball! I really like the shades of blue you used on this lovely birthday card! The black die cut mat really makes the image pop! Happy Thanksgiving! I’m with you, I don’t really care for pumpkin pie either - pecan pie is a must for me at Thanksgiving! 😊

Lisa said...

Love the colors you used on this Julie and great layout and layers too. The watercolor on the image is fantastic.

Robin Clendenning said...

Talk about happy colors!!! Love the ink stain blue bg with the bowling pins! So fun and eye candy at the same time! That black border sets it all off too! Beautiful card Julie!

Karin said...

The coloring on your card today is beautiful, and I love that turquoise blue against the white! Super design and creative inside too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP