Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Shell-ebrate

>> Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Hi Everyone,

I can say that I've never celebrated Christmas anywhere that looks like the scene on my first card.  It's always cold and snowy where I live, so I'll just have to travel to the tropics via my crafting, for the foreseeable future. 

I had fun using the same gnome themed stamps on the two cards I posted last week, so I thought I'd try that again, only this time using a seashell theme.  Here I created a scene using the Mountains and Silhouette Palm Tree Line, which I masked off in order to sponge in the sky.  I simply used my Copic markers to color in the rest of the scene, adding some ripples in the ocean using a white gel pen.

For the Shell-ebrate the Season Greeting, I stamped the Wooden Frame Collection first and then added the sentiment before fussy cutting it out and coloring it up.  Finally the starfish and shell were stamped using the 4 in 1 Seashells.



 


This second is is obviously not as time consuming to make, but I thought it would be fun to use the seashells and make a card in traditional Christmas colors.

I used a 1" punch for the shells and the embossed portion was made using a seashell embossing folder from Darice.  



The only extra I added is that tiny piece of twine.  

Are you finally thinking about holiday card making?  Be sure to stop on over to DRS Designs so see what's new in the world of stamping!

Thanks for stopping by!

Karin


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, these tropical Christmas cards are fabulous. I love the beach and mountain combo and the fun shell accents. Those shells look great in your fun sketch on the second card too. Some great ideas and lovely holiday cards. Hugz

Shelia said...

Karin, these are so cute! I really like how you used the new tropical greeting on both of these cards. Very festive & fun!

Sue said...

You've got me totally thinking Hawaii for the holidays! What a fabulous idea to use the palm trees with the mountains and your colors/coloring for it is beautiful! Love how you worked the greeting too - the frame and shells are perfect! Fun 2nd card too - amazing how the same stamps can look so different!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Love the mountains with the palm trees just like a tropical island!
Your shell card is so cute too! Love the baker's twine and that embossing folder is perfect!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so cute, Karin! I love your island Christmas card..perfect for those in warmer climes. And your embossed shells go perfectly w/ your little red & green shells in the circles.

Lisa said...

Wowza that mountain scene is colored beautifully and great collection of images you used to create it too. The shells card is a terrific layout and a wonderful emboss folder too.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP