Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Framed Fall

>> Friday, September 18, 2020

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff
 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! I'm happy to say we didn't get near the rain & wind they predicted we'd have from the remnants of Hurricane Sally. AND..a cold front is on the way so YAY! I'm so ready for fall. 
For my card today, I took a bunch of extra pics because I was determined to do this all on one layer & not fussy cut anything. Usually that's not a problem, but using the top scarecrow & having him in & out of the frame meant I had to figure out what to mask first. So I figured if anyone else had this dilemma, I'd show my solution. First, I'll show you the masks I had already cut from a previous card for the frames. I stamped the frames 4 or 5 times on scratch paper & used a craft knife to cut out a different window from each one & one w/ all the frames cut out. Also, I already had a cut out mask of the split scarecrow, so I was good to go.
My first step was to die cut the panel & figure out where the frame was going to be. I placed the mask of the scarecrow where he would go, folding back his feet where the frame would go, then stamped the frame. This left the blank spot in the frame for the scarecrow's head so I then placed the frame mask on, folded back the top & bottom part of it & stamped the scarecrow (see photo below).
 So far, so good! Then I removed this mask & attached the next mask w/ a different window cut out & stamped the image inside. Since all the others didn't have any in & out areas, they were easy. After I stamped the images inside the frames, I added the greeting then colored them all in.
In case you're wondering, I keep all my masks for future use so I don't have to keep cutting them over & over. I keep them in a little baggie & there's a separate baggie for each section of images. Below is my baggie for the fall, Halloween & Thanksgiving images.
And where do I keep these baggies? In the binder w/ the stamps. This is how I store my unmounted stamps. I put Tombow multi glue on the backs, let it dry, then put them on those old pages they tell you not to use for your photos anymore. They are perfect for storing stamps. Under the plastic over sheet, I put a copy of the image so I know where it goes. I have 3 big zipper binders for all my DRS images. I don't know what your system is, but this seems to work for me. And I can move whole pages at a time if need be.
Anyway, that's how I did this card & that's my storage system. Oh & the glue will allow me to stick these stamps to my Misti or an acrylic block for a good long time before I have to add more glue.

Here's the inside & the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white
ink:  Memento tuxedo black (Kaliedacolor tomato vine used on inside)
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies Copic markers, Misti
 

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Fabulous systems, Julie. Wish I had them and the preservice to keep up with them. I keep all mine in plastic bags - lol.

Your card is WONDERFUL! Brilliant stamping, masking, designing, and coloring. It just looks sooooooo beautiful and so well done. I am amazed. I need to study all this more and learn. Hugz

Sue said...

What an amazing post Julie! Your card is Oh My Goodness fantastic! I'm extremely impressed with how you added that scarecrow both inside and outside the box. Let's see how long it will take me to be brave enough to try it ;)
Your organization is impressive as well! Nancy and I share the same system of plastic bags. Very frustrating when I want to find something. I did finally organize my masks using a photo brag book...

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful coloring as always Julie, wow! Love how you shade and blend to create form!! I love the idea of both the scarecrows and the little frame stamp too, just beautiful my friend!

Shelia said...

Well now I want to reorganize my stamps! LOL! I have mine in notebooks too, but I have all the masks stuffed in a small container. Your way is much better & then I would know which masks I already have. Thanks for the tip about the Tombow glue too. I’m going to try that!

Your card today is gorgeous. I love the fall color combo. And the card design is amazing!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP