Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Adventures in the Mountains

>> Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Hello Crafty Friends!


In my 20's, I lived both in the mountains and foothills of Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I could go hiking with only a few minutes notice and only have to drive a mile or two to get there.  I took it for granted, and now I look back and see how magical and special that was. The beauty of the mountains and the landscape around them was amazing.  Today's cards are a nod to those days.  


I started with a water color wash and some splatters on watercolor paper.  After the paint dried, I stamped the Mountain & Treeline 2 in 1 Scene and the Silhouette Hiker on both.  The first card also has the Take a Hike Greeting and the second card has the Let the Adventure Begin Greeting


These were quick and easy to make and they brought back memories.


Hope your week is going well.  Hugz,

Nancy


5 comments:

Shelia said...

Nancy, these are wonderful scenes. I feel like I’m on top of a mountain when I look at these. We lived in Germany for several years and used to do lots of hiking! These cards bring back some wonderful memories!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh these are perfect~!! Love the hiker with the mountains!! These are right down my lifestyle ally! Love the 2 different color schemes! Beautiful!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Nancy! Love the splatter bgs on these. The color really stands out against the silhouettes. Great way to use those new border images.

Sue said...

You make everything look so easy Nancy :) These are both great cards and yet so simple! Definitely on my list to try :)

Lisa said...

I love how you used this hiker for these cards Nancy. I just used him for a scene super similar. He is just perfect for the new images. Great cards friend!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP