Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Trick or Treat

>> Monday, August 10, 2020

Hi Everyone. Hope you are doing well and staying healthy. Can you believe it is this far into August already?! Where has the time gone. You'd think with the pandemic time would feel like it was barely passing by.

I have a couple more Halloween cards to share with you today. This first one features Count Porkula, my absolute favorite Halloween image from DRS Designs. I think he is just adorable!



I made a little scene for Count Porkula using the new Halloween Silhouette Tree, the grave yard border image and the single gravestone image. I stamped the graveyard border and silhouette tree images with Versafine Black ink and heat embossed them with clear EP, then I sponged on the ground and sky using various DO inks. The greeting was stamped onto white CS, heat embossed and die cut to look like a full moon. The small flying ghost was stamped onto Vellum and heat embossed with white EP, fussy cut and glued behind the moon. Count Porkula was stamped with Memento black ink onto white CS, colored with Copics, fussy cut and glued into the scene.

My next card is very similar to my first card. I again created a scene using the Silhouette Halloween Tree image, but this time I paired with the grim reaper image.


This time I sponged on the ground and sky first, then stamped and heat embossed the tree and grim reaper images.  I added the accent bats in the corner, colored in the sickle and reaper's hand with some watercolor paints and then stamped, die cut and added the greeting with some foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by today. You can see all the new and older Halloween images here.

shelia

5 comments:

Sue said...

2 wonderful cards Shelia! I want to say beautiful cards, because your backgrounds are but somehow I just can't call Count Porkula or the Grim Reaper beautiful :) I so absolutely LOVE the colors, splatter and swoop of your Reaper card. I can't tell if it's the embossing or if you added a bit of white accents to the silhouette tree - but they look awesome!

Robin Clendenning said...

These cards are so very cool! Love the tree with the shining spider web on both! Love those stars in the sky too on your second card.
The stamps you used on the first card go so well together, love them both!

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, these are fabulous. Full of fun images and your scene building is awesome. Love Leonard - he makes that card so fun. The grim reaper totally makes the second card scary! I would hate to be that cat!!! Love these. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so fun, Shelia! Count Porkula looks ready to go w/ his trick or treat bag & the ghost doesn't even seem to bother him. Love the colors on your reaper card. So spooky!

Karin said...

These are a couple of my favorite Halloween cards this year! I LOVE the Leonard one... the background and vellum ghost are awesome! The embossing on the grim reaper card is fantastic too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP