Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Slimeline Trick or Treat

>> Friday, August 7, 2020

by Julie Warner -The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! We've had almost a thunderstorm a day around here. Front yard is back to being a marsh again & my rain boots are getting a work out. Kind of aggravating when they sneak up on you. Bright sunny & hot when I run into the store. Come out a few minutes later & it's pouring. Of course the umbrella is in the car & I get soaked. 

For my card today, I thought I'd try a slimline. They're all the rage right now & I've been having fun w/ some new dies I have. I  started by masking the moon & sponging in the sky & ground then removed the mask & put a reverse mask on & sponged in the moon. Then I put this into my Misti & stamped the trees a few times, the fence a few times & finally the witch & bats. I put the greeting onto it's own circle then matted it & the long scene w/ yellow.
Here's a look at the inside.
 Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!



Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white, yellow
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Distress inks squeezed lemonade, dried marigold, tumbled glass, peeled paint, shabby shutters, shaded lilac, wilted violet
accessories: Rubbernecker Slimline Nested StitchCircle StitchCircle Scallop dies, MISTI


4 comments:

Shelia said...

Julie, your slim line card is awesome! You created such a great scene. I don’t think I could have lined up the fence perfectly like you did! Super cute card!

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful slim line card, Julie. I love them and need to get making some. I love how you line up everything. This is beautiful and scary - not something easily achieved. The moon and witch are very cool. Hugz

Shoe Girls Cards said...

I have only recently started collecting items to start making slim line cards. This Halloween scene is fantastic! Great lining up on that fence and gorgeous sky line. Beautiful card inside and out Julie!

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh, I love your long card and the scene you created!! I forgot about the winter trees and fence, that works out perfectly!! I'm pretty sure that scene would scare me out of going Trick or Treating!! Yikes! Spooky!!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP