Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Happy July 4th!

>> Monday, June 1, 2020

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I have some 4th of July cards to share with you today featuring the new Sparkle greeting, as well as the patriotic bunting and streamers. These new images are fun to work with and have lots of options for use.



I started with the white panel and stamped the streamers along the top of the card, colored them with copics and then added glue to the stars and then sprinkled on some silver glitter. The greeting was stamped with Versafine Black ink, die cut and layered on some blue and red CS. Everything was added to the red card base. The lower left-hand corner looked rather empty so I went through my stash and found these strips of gem stars and thought they'd fill in the space nicely. At least it really does sparkle like the greeting says.


This card uses the same greeting, stamped in blue ink and embossed with a clear iridescent EP, and the bunting image. I created this for a Splitcoast challenge to make a front flap card. You can see the challenge here. For the background I stamped the stars and stripes border in blue. This front fold flap was a fun card to create and I really like the look. I'll definitely be making some more of these.

Thanks for stopping by today. You can see all the new images from DRS Designs here.

Blessings,
shelia

3 comments:

Sue said...

Great cards Shelia! You did gets lots of sparkle on your first card and I'm a bit anxious to see the flap part of the 2nd :) Both cards are perfect for the 4th of July!

nwilliams6 said...

Great cards with some great use of lines and patriotic color, Shelia. I really like how you used the streamers. Well done and very cool cards. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

I love your sparkly additions to the first card and the streamers...beautiful and using the stars and stripes border as a bg is a brilliant idea! Both cards are beautiful!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP