Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Vintage Birthday Buzz

>> Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A lot of my friends don't know this about me, but I love to eat bumble bees.  They are so crunchy and sweet.  People in Alabama cook them a lot of different ways, but I personally pull the stingers off, and then pop a bunch of them in the microwave with a bit of salt and honey. They sort remind me of kettle cooked popcorn.

Of course, I am kidding.  It is April Fools.  I don't get anywhere near bees and I would do everything in my power not to have to eat one!

I do have a cute birthday card I made with 5 DRS Designs Happy Bee images.  I stamped them, colored them with my water-colors, and fussy cut them.  I layered them on top of 3 Calendar pages that I distressed with scissors and several colors of Distress Inks (Linen and Vintage Photo). I also tucked in a few flowers from the Flower Border.  The sentiment is Another Year Flies By.

I recycled a copy paper box to make the main base, and tucked in a little bit of silver wire thread.

I think it came out super fun and happy.

Thanks for visiting and stay safe!

Hugz,

Nancy

4 comments:

Shelia said...

Oh my goodness,Nancy, you had me at first about those bees! I kept thinking, no she doesn’t! Kind of glad you don’t!! Lol

Anyway your card is adorable. Those bees are colored beautifully & the background with those calendars is perfect for that sentiment. So clever!

Robin Clendenning said...

You got me there for a minute Nancy!! I was about to lecture you on the importance of the honey bee and tell you to stop eating the poor things!! LOL!!
Anyway, your card is so adorable! Love all the different elements on it, the calendar pages and the corrugated stock as well as the cute bees and flowers!! Love the wavy sentiment too!

Sue said...

You got me too! I kept thinking "do people really do that???" I was about to head over to google when I kept reading! Thank you - been years since I've been "got" :)

Awesome card today! That calendar image is a long time customer favorite - great to see a new, fun design!!

Karin said...

Lol! We could all use a good laugh right about now, so thank you for that! And, thanks for this darling card too! Those bees with their sweet little rosey cheeks are just precious :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP