Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Under the weather...

>> Saturday, April 4, 2020

Welcome!!


Between the large quantities of rain we've had lately, the directives to stay inside and so many ill in the world, this card just kind of worked itself out....


I started my card by stamping our Country Window in the center of a white piece of card stock using black ink.  I used a blade to remove all the window panes and then masked the image to stamp our Wood Grain Background across the whole card using grey ink. I sponged grey ink around the edges, added the top 2 lines of our Under the Weather Greeting and set it aside.  On a separate piece of card stock I stamped our Lightning image and masked it.  I used a couple of different blue inks to dab on my colors.  Once it was dry and I removed the mask, I taped it behind my window and attached everything to a folded blue card.

Stay Healthy and Stamping!
Sue

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Great get well card, Sue. So clever to put that greeting under the window with the storm outside! Love it!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful stormy weather out the window! I love it (when I'm inside, LOL!). I do have one dog we have to give some anxiety meds to when there is thunder, poor ol' boy! Same thing for 4th of July!
I do love how you showed the weather outside the window though, amazing! That image goes so well with the sentiment too!

Karin said...

This is such a creative use of stamps! I love the stormy scene outside, it is perfect for that greeting! Love the woodgrain too :)

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful way to use that lightening stamp, Sue. This is such a wonderful Get Well Card! Love each idea! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Perfect for what's going on these days, Sue! the lightning thru the window is a great look. I never thought I'd say this (this year, anyway) but it hasn't rained here in about a week & we could use it to wash away the incredible pollen! We've had pollen counts between 5000-9000. I can't even go outside :(

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP