Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Peepin' it Real

>> Friday, March 20, 2020

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! How's your first week of Spring been?  Just more of the same ol' same ol' around here. Rain, rain, & wait for it...RAIN! Sunshine is very hard to come by around here. At least we have plenty of trees to build a boat if needed. 

I saw a t-shirt ad that had this greeting & some sunglass wearing peeps & thought it was a cute idea. So out came the peeps again this week. And the hunt for stamps that I could use for the greeting. I stamped the 3 peeps, added the sunglasses & then used a few Copics to draw the patterns on them. They were fussy cut & then I thought to add the bow & bow ties so I fussy cut those, too. I had to use a few greetings put together to get what you see.  On the Peepin', I used scotch tape to mask off the half circle on the P & stamped just the pillar 3 times, then drew in the cross bar on the N & the apostrophe at the end. The frames & angled piece were some that didn't get used on another project & I liked how they looked here. 
Here's the inside. It's going to my dad & stepmom so I wiped the ink off of the "one" & wrote in "two".  My dad already asked about his Easter card & he likes them w/ a sense of humor, so this should be right up his alley. 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white
ink:  Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Rubbernecker Rect Scallop w Holes,Borders dies,Copic Markers, Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Very fun card, Julie. Your creativity is always so amazing. I love the sunglass wearing peeps and how you adjusted the sentiments - brilliant and fun. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Cute, cute, cute
Julie!!
What a cute idea and your layout design is also so beautiful!!
I LOVE the way you colored your peeps and the sentiment you made!!
Brilliant!

Sue said...

What an ADORABLE card Julie! Your dad is going to love it!! Love how you dressed up the bunch of them with the colors and accessories, but I am totally amazed at your greeting!

Shelia said...

What cute peeps these are! Your dad will love this card! Great card, Julie!

Patricia said...

Oh My Goodness! I love the coloring on the Peeps and their sunglasses! That sentiment really says it all with these rad Peeps!

Karin said...

Julie, bringing the card we need to see! This is crazy cute! Love the patterned peeps, made even more special by dressing them up in accessories. Love the cheerful spring like colors too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP