Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Easter

>> Monday, March 23, 2020

Happy Monday Everyone. I don't know about you, but I've been staying inside, mostly in my craft area making cards. I'm working on finishing up Easter cards, but I've mostly been making thinking of you and praying for you cards. I know several nurses and doctors, so I made some praying for you cards for them. This is a scary time for everyone and our doctors, nurses and first responders are on the front lines of this war on the corona virus. So I thought they could use some encouragement. My husband is the care pastor at our church and since he can't visit anyone in person right now, he's been on the phone a lot! I've been making cards for him to send to those he would normally visit. This is a great time to use our card making skills to encourage others!

My latest Easter cards use this month's Small Die of the Month from Spellbinders. They are the cutest little bunnies. I die cut and added their eyes, nose and the pink parts to their ears. I wanted to dress them up a bit so I stamped, colored and fussy cut the bows and glasses from DRS Designs 4 in 1 
Fashion Accessories. I really like how these bunnies look! I stamped, colored and fussy cut the jelly beans for the one bunny to hold. I doodled on some dots and swirls with a white gel pen. The other bunny is holding a carrot I made using last March's Small die of the month set. After gluing the pieces to the bunnies I set them aside and worked on the background. I sponged on some TH Distress Oxide green inks for the grass and then stamped the easy grass background with the same ink. The sky was created by using some blue distress ink and the MFT small cloud stencil. The greeting was stamped with Versafine Onyx black ink and heat embossed with clear EP. Everything was glued into place and then the panel was added to the orange card base.



My second card was created for this weeks CAS challenge at Splitcoast Stampers, but of course I never uploaded it to SCS! I am forever doing that and I don't know why. It's not like I didn't have time this week!! Anyway way, here's my CAS card.



 I started by die cutting the white panel with a MFT blue print die, then stamped and colored the fuzzy chick. Once again I stamped the bow from the 4 in 1 Fashion Accessories, colored it with Copics, fussy cut and glued it onto the chick. The greeting was stamped with Versafine Onyx black ink and then some clear crystals were glued on. They're hard to see in the photo.

Trust you are staying safely indoors! Enjoy the extra crafting time and please stay safe!! Praying this ends sooner than later!

blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sweet cards, Sheila. Love that little chick and the bunnies are adorable! Fun stuff. So sweet of you to do cards for your husband - I know those people will cherish them. Seems like we will all cherish our happy mail more these days since we aren't visiting in person. I am going to start sending more too. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the fashion accessories how you dressed up your bunny die cuts! The fussy cut jelly beans are so cute too!
Your second card is adorable for the CAS challenge! Love the fuzzy chick!

Karin said...

These bunnies and chick are just darling all dressed up in their accessories! Just what I needed to bring a smile in these times! God bless you and your husband for ministering to everyone in need. It’s a blessing to be able to be a blessing to others!

Sue said...

These are both so CUTE Shelia! Those accessories really add a whole new level of cuteness!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are adorable, Shelia! I love your cute little bunnies & their accessories look super. Those are really some stylin' bunnies & fuzzy chick!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP