Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Christmas greetings

>> Monday, March 30, 2020

Hello Everyone. Trust you are staying home as much as possible and keeping safe! Wow, how things are changing so rapidly with this pandemic. Praying it ends soon! On the positive side of things, it does give more time to be in the craft room getting creative. I am enjoying that part of all this.

My card today is a Christmas card. Remembering Christmas always brings a smile to my face. And I think we could all use a smile right now.  So here goes:


This poinsettia image is one of my favorites, so I decided to use it. I stamped it with Versfine black ink onto a white die cut panel as well as twice more on some scraps of white CS. After heating embossing with clear EP, I colored the image with some Nuvo Aquaflow pens. I've had these pens for a couple of years now and have rarely used them. I'm not too skilled with water coloring, but decided I really needed to start using these pens. The embossed outline helps keep the watercolor inside which definitely was good for me! I didn't get much shading in, but there is some. It shows up better in real life. Once the poinsettias were dry, I fussy cut the two on scrap paper and glued them onto the panel. Some gold gems were added for the centers of the flower. The greeting was stamped, embossed and colored with the same green Aqua Flow pen. The white panel was added to a red card base. I'm debating adding some clear gems around the flower. What do you think? Should I add them or leave it as is?

Like I said at the start of this post, I hope you are healthy and safe!  Hang in there.

blessings,
shelia

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful flower, Sheila. Beautiful color and layers. This came out super well. I want to do a few more cards for the Florapaloosa challenge at SCS and this image would work well! Thanks for sharing and take care, my friend. hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful Christmas card!! I'm doing some right now too, so funny!
I love that big poinsettia!!

Sue said...

What a pretty Christmas card Shelia! I'm always a big fan of "classic" and you nailed it!

Karin said...

What a fantastic card! I love the way the white makes the big bold flower pop! And by embossing and fussy cutting you really gave the card dimension...It’s beautiful:)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP