Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Easter

>> Monday, February 24, 2020

Hello Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. We had some unseasonably warm weather this weekend and it was lovely!! Hoping it sticks around, but I have my doubts!

Today I have a fun little Easter card that I created with my grandkids in mind. The Easter Ears Leonard image was stamped onto white CS with Memento Black ink, colored with Copics and fussy cut. I set him aside while I created the background scene for him. I stamped the silhouette leaf branch several times with different Distress Oxides inks, trying to match them to the colors of Leonard's Easter egg. The sky was sponged in using a MFT small cloud stencil. The grassy area was die cut with a FL die, sponged with green DO ink and then I stamped the easy grass background image with green ink. Once the grassy area was attached to the card base, I added Leonard with an action Wobbler. Happy Easter was stamped onto white CS, die cut with a banner die and added to the card with foam adhesive for some dimension.


I haven't added anything to the inside yet. I'll do that when it gets closer to Easter. Thanks for stopping by today.

Be sure to check out DRS Designs' on line store for the new amazing catalog and the soon to be discontinued images. You can find those here.

blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

Karin said...

Easter Leonard on todays card is too cute! I love the background scene with the trees in spring time colors and your rolling hill and sky look amazing! I'm sooooo ready for spring, it can't come soon enough!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Shelia, this is precious! I forgot about Easter Leonard. I love him! Your trees are fabulous. Hugz

Sue said...

What a pretty card Shelia! I just love how you make your "trees" so darn colorful! A perfect background for Leonard!

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute! Leonard is adorable and I love the different colored "Easter" trees!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute, Shelia! Love the brightly colored whimsical trees & Easter egg. Leonard sure looks like he found the prize egg!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP