Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Polka Dot Valentine

>> Friday, January 17, 2020

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! I don't know about where you live, but here it's been extremely warm for January. And extremely wet! Rain, rain & more rain. We're floating down here. And a really bad storm last weekend knocked our power out for 18 hrs. I'm not a fan of no power. Sitting around in the dark is not a lot of fun & makes it hard to do anything, except sit around in the dark. No microwave, no hot water...I thought hubs was going to come unglued when he realized he had no way to grind coffee the next morning. He finally took the coffee grinder out to his truck & plugged it in. We were using laptops to charge our phones (thank you, Apple!).  It's like the stay home version of camping, w/o the campfire & marshmallows. Bummer!

For my Valentine card today, I used some already embossed, leftover polka dot bg from THIS Christmas card, w/ the idea I used from THIS star card using cut out shapes. I also had the tiny heart embossed white front already in my folder, just waiting to suit up, so I used it, too. So all in all, this card was really quick! I die cut the hearts in the white front & also out of the polka dot embossed bg. I added another layer behind the white one to give it just a bit of lift, then put the polka dot hearts inside & added the baker's twine bows. Since the front was already embossed, I had to position the greeting a little carefully so it wouldn't wind up on top of the hearts. 
Here's a look at the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, red
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox frost white pigment
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies, Heart Solid dies, Mini Stitched Hearts dies, white embossing powder, Cuttlebug embossing folder (Love Language), Baker's twine


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Great use of dots and hearts and DRS images, Julie. YOu always have the best ideas. Pretty card. It is warm and wet here too but we are supposed to get very cold this next week which will be hard to adjust too. I will be digging out some winter images this weekend! Hugz

Shelia said...

This is such a wonderful Valentine card on so many levels! I really like the traditional red & white color combo. The heat embossed dots & heart embossed panels are perfect together. I cannot believe you stamped that greeting after the embossing. I would have messed it up totally! Beautiful card, Julie!

Sue said...

I can't decide if you just have better discards or if you just use them better! What an adorable Valentine card. And you definitely get bonus points for stamping the greeting between the lines - incredible precision!

Robin Clendenning said...

You do so great at embossing white on red...I almost always have either not enough coverage or extra white speckles (even when using my magic pouch).
This card is so pretty!! I LOVE the red and white! Beautiful clean design, love the embossing folder, just everything!

Karin said...

This card is crazy pretty and cheerful! I love the clean design and the matching inside as well!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP