Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Starry Christmas Wreath

>> Friday, October 11, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! I am happy to report it finally cooled down some & we actually had some rain. Almost 2" on Tues...which is great because we've been bone dry around here. Poor folks 20 miles away, didn't get a drop but it pretty much poured here for a couple of hours. 

My card today took way longer that I planned on spending but that's how it goes sometimes. I wanted a twig wreath w/ stars on it but I wanted them to be a silver/gold mix & look a little rustic. The stars were pretty easy. I die cut them then covered them w/ a mix of silver ink on the inside & gold ink around the edges then sprinkled on 2 different embossing powders. One is a gilded gold (mostly clear w/ gold flecks) & the other was a stardust powder (mostly clear w/ little sparkles & a hint of silver). I did the same for the grosgrain ribbon die & bow die cut. On the wreath, I die cut it out of brown then used the same gold ep just in places here & there. 
Then part that took too long happened because I thought w/ the open area in the center, why not make it a shaker? But the sequins looked too bright & shiny. So I did the embossing again on a piece of ivory & die cut the sequins using a sequin die. Big trouble! Most the embossing flaked right off. So....I had piece sticker paper w/ most of the stickers gone & just the borders left. I peeled it off & stuck my sequins to the sticky side & embossed them again. That worked. I should have thought of that first! Then I put it all together & stamped half of the greeting on the front w/ Versa Clair nocturne & sprinkle the gilded gold powder on it & embossed it. You can see it in the close up but head on, it just looks black.

Here's the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs -  Beautiful Holiday (inside: Interlocking Stars Bg)
paper:  Staples 110# white, ivory, brown
ink:  Versaclair nocturne,  Encore Ultimate metallic silver & gold pigment inks
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch, Stars, Sm. Star dies,  Ranger gilded gold embossing powder, Stardust embossing powder, IO Twig Wreath die, MB Grosgrain Ribbon dies, ODBD Sm. Bow dies





5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Totally gorgeous, Julie. Love the mixed embossing, that pretty bow, and the fun wreath. The sentiment is perfect too. Lovely card and worth the time!!!! Hugz

Sue said...

My first thought seeing your card today was "isn't that beautiful!" and then I saw that you picked the perfect Christmas sentiment! Kudos for taking all the time to emboss those stars individually and then drive yourself crazy with the sequins! Totally paid off in the end with a beautiful wreath!

Karin said...

This card was worth the extra effort because it’s so beautiful! Love the gold and silver color combo! Awesome holiday card!

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGosh, those stars are gorgeous with all the silver and gold, WOW!! I love this wreath, what a beautiful decoration it would make off the card too! Gorgeous!

Shelia said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP