Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Hello Fall Leaves ๐Ÿ

>> Friday, October 4, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Can you believe it's already October? It's still warmer than normal & very dry here. We had a little rain Sunday, but that's been it for several weeks. All I can say is I'm glad I'm in the mountains & not down near Atlanta. They've had another week of record highs. It's a good 10-20 degrees cooler where I am, thank goodness. But still nowhere near where it should be in October.

There was a color challenge this on Splitcoast using pear, mango & rose for the colors. To be honest, these colors are not on my go to list..a little too pastel-y for me. But I guess that's why it's called a challenge. For my card, I first inked a craft sheet w/ distress oxide inks, misted then pressed my paper to it. After I dried it, the leaves were stamped, masking as I went. I pressed some mini Distress inks to a solid version of the leaf, spritzed it then stamped it inside the outline leaves. 
It still didn't look right, so I used a paintbrush & some embossing ink & painted inside the leaves & clear embossed them to make them stand out a bit more. The green pear top layer was die cut & the window was cut using my resizing technique to make it longer than a std rect. The 3 little leaves are from a couple of small punches. The fall part of the greeting was stamped & the hello is a double stacked die cut. 

Here's a look at the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, green pear
ink:  Versaclair shady lane,  Distress inks dried marigold, tattered rose, worn lipstick,  Distress oxide inks in peeled paint, dried marigold, tattered rose, worn lipstick
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies, double stitch rectangle dies, MFT Hello & Thanks diesSpellbinders A2 Matting Basics A clear embossing powder, embossing ink, craft sheet, sm. leaf punches




4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

So pretty and such great colors, Julie. Several really great techniques with the die resizing (that was new to me and already a few ideas are popping in my head), the stamping with the solid image in the outline image, and the clear embossing. Lovely card and very inspiring. How fun you live in the mountains! Hugz

Sue said...

What a beautiful fall card Julie! The green on green greeting really popped out at me and I just love fall leaves and these are wonderful! It's hard to see but I'm totally loving the idea of the insides of the leaves being embossed and not the background - what I unique idea!

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful fall leaf card Julie! Love your design!! Lots of gorgeous fall color and Love the big bold front sentiment!

Shelia said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Julie. Those leaves look amazingly real!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP