Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Drop In For A Spell!

>> Thursday, October 10, 2019

Good morning!
I just had to do 1 more week of Halloween
when DRS has so many fun Halloween stamps.
This first card is one that I got off of Pinterest, (something like it anyway!) from Shelly Hickox.

I'm showing this view so that you can get a better idea how it's made.

I had to use a bottle die to just trace around and tweak a bit to fit the skull once I had it right I used a black pen to draw it around the skull to make it look like it is in the bottle of some sort of liquid.
I actually think maybe this poor guy was the victim of a spell gone wrong!!  No wonder he looks mad!  I used a die from Memory box for the web and cut it down to fit.  I used a Sizzix brick wall embossing folder for the center wall and the wall inside where the bottle is.  I tried to make the 2 sides look like shelves in a cubby or cabinet by making a mask then sponging with a light gray then put 2 rounded corners on as mask and sponged again with white.  The bricks were sponged with gray.


I saw something like this on Pinterest too by a lady names Sheila.  I stamped
the Silhouette Haunted House and embossed it with clear.  I then sponged the sky with Oxide Inks.
Because I embossed the house I was able to wipe the Oxide inks off the embossing to keep it nice and black. I glued a piece of black cardstock over the image fence (because I was adding the fence with my gate-fold). I sponged a road up to the house with white.  I then die cut the tombstones (Karen Burniston) from black, edged with white and glued it to the foreground.
I cut the fence (Sizzix) out of black then cut it in the middle.  I used the sides to glue onto the back of the back panel.
I then stamped and embossed with Vivid Orange, the sentiment It's A Scream. I die cut it with an oval and glued it to the left side only of the gate.
So that's it!
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Robin! These are AWESOME! OMGosh - I love them. So many great ideas, great creating and spooky fun. I am in awe (you know how I like spooky stuff). Hugz

Sue said...

What incredible cards Robin! I'm kinda glad I ran out of time to comment yesterday because the cards were in yesterday's mail and they are even more impressive in person! Your skull card is just amazing with all the details you managed to add - the shelves are just perfect and don't get me started on your incredible coloring!! And while I'm guessing the haunted house card took much less time, your sponging clever fence folding are spot on!

Karin said...

Holy cow, these cards are epic! I love the colors and all the stamps you used on that incredible pop “out” card! Incredible work as always!

Shelia said...

Wow Robin, these are amazing! That pop out card is incredible!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Fabulous, Robin! I haven't made one of those folds in forever. Love your spooky looking laboratory w/ all the potions.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP