Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanksgiving Treeline

>> Friday, September 13, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! And I hope you haven't had to deal w/ Hurricane Dorian. I don't think I've ever seen such a big, slow storm. It seems it's been around for weeks! Today I have a Thanksgiving card. I saw a similar card, a very long time ago but I can't find it for anything,  now that I'm looking for it. Doesn't it always happen that way? Anyway, I thought this would be a great way to use this Single Fall Tree image. 

After I masked off the water area & sponged in the ground & bg tree line, I reversed the mask & sponged in the water. I used a few yellow & orange Copics to add the trees/bushes in the distance, then I put the tree image into my Misti & stamped it w/ Distress oxide inks in walnut & espresso. First one was stamped, then I moved the panel to stamp it again, & again, & again.  I turned it upside down, lined the trees up, & stamped them in tea dye for the reflection trees. After all the trees were stamped, I added some white lines w/ a gel pen in the water & sponged a little walnut around the edges.
Here's the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Single Fall TreeGive Thanks  (insideDeco ThanksgivingPumpkin Pile )
paper:  Staples 110# white
ink:  Distress inks ripe persimmon, dried marigold, crushed olive, walnut stain, vintage photo, weathered wood, tumbled glass, Distress oxide inks in ground espresso, walnut stain, tea dye
accessories: Misti, Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies, ribbon, white gel pen


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

So beautiful! Genius Fall card, Julie. I love everything about it. Wow. Hugz

Sue said...

What a stunning card Julie! Your trees and their reflections are perfect and I just love all the beautiful autumn colors that you used! Gorgeous!!!

Robin Clendenning said...

wow Julie this card is gorgeous! Love the color in your sky and how you reflected it in the water. Love that row of trees too. Beautiful!

Shelia said...

Wow Julie, this card is gorgeous! Makes me want to be there in the scene!! The colors are beautiful & those shadows line up perfectly! Wow!

Karin said...

Stunning! That tree line is amazing, and the reflection is brilliant... Makes the card :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP